Choosing a crib is certainly one of the more important purchases when you’re preparing for a baby.
Some also opt to buy a changing table, especially as they can serve a dual purpose of changing your baby and offering some extra storage.
However, if space is a premium in your baby’s room, one solution is to purchase a crib which comes with a changing table.
In this blog post, I’ll go though some reasons why this might make sense for you and your family, as well as look at the pros and cons of some of the popular options available on the market today.
Click here for a detailed guide on all the types of cribs and the pros and cons of each
Before looking at things in more detail, here’s a table comparison of 5 of the best cribs which come with changing tables.
Table of Contents
Table Comparison – 5 Cribs With Changing Tables
Why Should You Consider A Crib With A Changing Table?
Having a crib with a changing table is the best way to ensure that you have all of the furniture in your nursery that you will need. A crib with an attached changing table makes it significantly easier to change a baby in the middle of the night, without a lot of hassle.
While some parents opt for separate cribs and changing tables, this is not a great option for smaller nurseries. In fact, some nurseries may be so small that trying to fit two separate pieces of furniture into the space is almost impossible.
The small changing tables attached to some cribs ensure that you always have fast access to fresh diapers, wipes, and clothing right by the crib.
When your baby is out of the crib and into a larger bed, the changing table can be used as a bedside table, eliminating the need to buy new furniture for the room in the future.
Why Might You Want A Crib Without One?
Unfortunately, there are a few drawbacks to cribs with attached changing tables. One of the most obvious is that these cribs are bulky and very long. Nurseries that are roomy, but don’t have a lot of space for a huge piece of furniture, will often be better filled with a separate crib and changing table.
Additionally, the changing table that is attached to these cribs tend to be very small. Even though they are safe and comfortable for the baby, due to their smaller size they can be difficult to use with larger children.
Sorelle Tuscany 4-in-1 Convertible Crib and Changer Combo
This is a gorgeous option for a light and bright nursery and features not only a comfortable and roomy crib, but a safe changing table. Parents won’t have to worry about the safety of their child in this crib, thanks to its solid and durable construction.
Additionally, the spring system in the crib has four adjustable heights, which means that the crib will last throughout a baby’s lifetime. It can easily be converted to a larger bed for a toddler, an older child and it can be used as a daybed. The white color of the crib keeps it looking airy and prevents it from appearing too visually heavy for the space.
- Three large drawers offer plenty of storage
- Made from solid birch wood for stability and safety
- Converts to toddler, daybed, and full-size bed
- Doesn’t ship with all parts necessary for conversion
- Can be difficult to adjust the mattress height
Dream on Me Jayden 4-in-1 Convertible Portable MiniCrib
This is a smaller portable crib, making it great for taking on the go. It only weighs 64 pounds, which means that most adults can easily transport it. With smaller dimensions than most cribs, it’s perfect for smaller children who need a place to rest.
The changing pad features a restraining strap that is easy to release, thanks to the durable buckle, keeping your baby safe while changing. Additionally, the changing pad can be taken off the table to make it easy to change baby on the go. It features a non-skid bottom that will keep baby safe no matter where the parents want to change a diaper or outfit.
- Two-sided contour changing pad is very comfortable
- Exceeds safety standards in toxic element and lead testing
- Includes all tools and hardware for assembly
- Can be difficult to assemble and take down for transportation
- Smaller size isn’t ideal for larger babies
Storkcraft Portofino 4-in-1 Fixed Side Convertible Crib and Changer
This is an incredibly versatile crib that is surprisingly sturdy since it is made out of lighter pine and composite woods. Even though it is not quite as sturdy as other similar cribs, it meets and exceeds safety standards, which means that parents can enjoy peace of mind when they use it.
The crib has a weight limit of 50 pounds and the changing table has a weight limit of 30 pounds. This is more than enough support for most children and will allow parents to change their baby without fear of them being injured when on the changing pad.
- Contains three drawers, as well as three shelves for all the storage you need
- Attached changer is large enough to accommodate older babies
- Easily converts to a bed as the child grows
- Dark espresso color can appear too dark in smaller rooms
- Made from pine and wood composites
Athena Daphne Convertible Crib and Changer
This is a great crib option for any parents who are interested in saving as much space as possible in their nursery. Thanks to the two larger drawers underneath the crib and the three smaller drawers on the changing table, there is plenty of room to store items for the baby.
Additionally, the side rails on the changing table help to prevent the baby from trying to roll over when they are being changed. The mattress height is easily adjusted, which allows parents to keep their baby in the crib for a long time before converting it into a youth bed.
- Features multiple drawers for storage
- The pine used in construction is sustainable
- Topped with a nontoxic finish to improve its appearance and keep children safe
- Weighs 119 pounds, making it difficult to move on your own
- Can be difficult to reach over the rail and down to pick up the baby
Delta Children Birkley Convertible Crib N Changer
At just 100 pounds, this crib is light enough for parents to easily move it around the nursery when deciding on a room layout. It’s also designed to offer complete safety of the sleeping baby, thanks to the adjustable mattress, solid construction, and lead testing.
The light color and airy shape of the crib make it look less heavy in a nursery. Thanks to the ample storage that the changing table offers, parents can keep everything that they need for changing their baby close to the crib and within easy reach for midnight changes.
- Airy slates help promote good health and allow the baby to see out of the crib
- Attached safety straps on the changing table keep babies safe
- Open shelves and drawers provide plenty of storage space
- Not a standard size changing table, so it is best for smaller infants
- Included changing pad is very thin and uncomfortable
Graham runs the place around here. He likes making a “little noise” about all things to do with tennis and parenting. Check out his about page to learn more.